Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Discipline

Clearly I am not perfect and I have a lot of improving to do in my life. The following are the top of my list to change right now.

Five places I need the most discipline in my life:
1. eating healthy
2. working out and being good to my body
3. procrastination
4. prioritizing
5. love

How can I fix them?
1. Because I was so physically active in high school, I could eat whatever I wanted and still be okay. But now that I am in college, life is a little different and I can't make it to the gym everyday. That means I need to make better decisions with what I put into my mouth. I can easily say no to the Couch Express cookie or choose healthy snacks as opposed to a big bag of chips for example.
2. As stated above, I am clearly not working out as much as I used to. I need to start setting aside even as little as 30 minutes for me to go work out, burn some calories and some stress. I can even take simple reading with me to the gym to kill 2 birds with one stone!
3. Procrastination is a major problem I think everyone deals with. Yes, I would love to have so much self-discipline that I never procrastinate, but then again, procrastination forces me to get stuff done. I DON'T like missing deadlines and I rarely do, so procrastinating helps me get the task done. And I usually work better under pressure anyway!
4.Being in college with a new group of friends, I sometimes choose friends over homework and studying. With this, I really just need to realize that they will still be my friends even if I don't go to dinner with them one night. It won't kill me or them to do a little extra studying.
5. Like a lot of teenage girls, I tend to get a little boy crazy. I start to analyze every word a boy says to me to see if he has even the slightest interest, which is a terrible habit. Love surprises you when you least expect it and I am just getting too impatient. If I go looking for it, I will never find it, and that isn't something I want. I just need to relax and think about the more important things in my life, like school for example.

Out of everyone I know, my dad definitely has the most self-discipline. He does what he needs to do exactly when he needs to do it. I never see him procrastinating, I never see him slacking, and he always accomplishes everything on his to do list.
I am accountable for everything that I say I will do and I am accountable to who I told I would do that something. I am also accountable to my parents and to God, along with many others.

I know I need more discipline in my life, and it is something I am trying to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment